Wav File Format

MistyBlue

Wav File Format

Post by MistyBlue »

Hi, I'm thinking I'd like to create my own cabin PA announcement set since all the English ones speak still with a foreign accent, unlike those used for carriers here in the U.S. I was trying to open the existing WAV files so I know what should be in each wav file but can't seem to open them in Media Player, Audacity or any other program. Is there something I can use to play the files? And also, what format to record new ones in?

Thanks!
Emi Wiedenmann

Re: Wav File Format

Post by Emi Wiedenmann »

Logic X Pro , Garage Band, Cubase, Pro Tools for recording
Simworld MIP PnP | CPFlight MCP2 EFIS2 + Pedestal | Simujabs Shell Dual Linked Yokes and Rudder Pedals v.2 Pro|FDS CDU | OEM Liners | Curved Screen FOV 180°| Vpilot| Prepar3d v.5.1HF1| ProSim v.3b| ASN | ORBX | 4.5TB photo sceneries | WORLDFLIGHT 2021
pandine

Post by pandine »

MistyBlue wrote: 21 Jul 2020, 03:35 Hi, I'm thinking I'd like to create my own cabin PA announcement set since all the English ones speak still with a foreign accent, unlike those used for carriers here in the U.S. I was trying to open the existing WAV files so I know what should be in each wav file but can't seem to open them in Media Player, Audacity or any other program. Is there something I can use to play the files? And also, what format to record new ones in?

Thanks!
Hi, please record your wav files with 48 kHz mono and PCM-16. It’s very important to record all wave files with the same format!
You can’t play the existing wave files with any player other than SimSounds itself. But you can play them with SimSounds Test menu.

Hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Thomas
http://www.simsounds.de

MistyBlue

Post by MistyBlue »

pandine wrote: 22 Jul 2020, 17:56 Hi, please record your wav files with 48 kHz mono and PCM-16. It’s very important to record all wave files with the same format!
You can’t play the existing wave files with any player other than SimSounds itself. But you can play them with SimSounds Test menu.
Ah, ok, thanks. I have been able to create a new sound set by copying an existing one (like Karen) and calling it my own name, then selecting it as my sound set. I then replaced the existing files in it with my versions as necessary and it's working just fine. It's just not always clear what sound files get triggered when. I have been using the test feature to play the sounds which has helped but they're not all playable/accessible via the interface.

I'm thinking it would be great to have a way to swap crew sounds with our own. Like a list of all the crew sounds with a play button and browse button to hear and change the file. Those custom sets could even be shared by the community so we can have a lot more regional variation. Just a thought, anyway.

SimSounds continues to be an essential part of my sim build, so thanks again for all you do!

Return to “SimSounds - by Pandine”