Support question

tomvz

Support question

Post by tomvz »

Hi Thomas,

I am a very happy user of SimSounds but having a strange issue with my system.
Every announcement is made twice. All features of SimSounds are functioning as expected exept every announcement is sounding twice.
For the record I am not running two instances of SimSounds, any suggestion what could be wrong or where to look for?

Thanks,

Tom
moulic27

Re: Support question

Post by moulic27 »

Hi Tom,
In the settings, there are two language selection that you can make. one in local language and other in English. just disable one and you will not have the issue.
In your case both are enabled and hence you hear it twice. Just disable one from the drop down.

Settings >>>>> Cabin Sounds >>>>> Announcements >>>

regards
Mouli
Attachments
Doc1.docx
(415.8 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
Happy Flights

Regards

Mouli

Prosim 737, P3D, Rex OD+, Prosimutils, TouchEFB

tomvz

Post by tomvz »

Hi Mouli,

Thank you for your quick answer.
And you were right, both language settings were active and both configured for DE - English.
Disabling one solved my problem with the double announcements!

I don't know how i have missed this configuration setting completely.
Thanks again, i am a happy SimSounds user ones again.

Tom
portanav

Post by portanav »

Hi, I just upgraded to the new v3.0 but all my custom cabin announcements I created are not working and not to be seen anywhere in the settings menu.
When I go into the simsounds folder, I see a new folder called soundsV3 with my original folder called sounds which has all my custom cabin announcements. How do I get my custom sounds to work with this new version, as my cabin announcements reflect the English accent of my country?

This new version seems very restrictive to user customization.

I'm not very happy with this new version at all as I have lost all of the Caribbean image in the announcements I spent time editing and creating.
Regards,
Michael :)

System: Prosim737 2.27, Win10/64, i7-6700, ASUS Z-170, GTX 1080.
pandine

Post by pandine »

portanav wrote: 10 Oct 2019, 10:21 Hi, I just upgraded to the new v3.0 but all my custom cabin announcements I created are not working and not to be seen anywhere in the settings menu.
When I go into the simsounds folder, I see a new folder called soundsV3 with my original folder called sounds which has all my custom cabin announcements. How do I get my custom sounds to work with this new version, as my cabin announcements reflect the English accent of my country?

I'm not very happy with this new version at all as I have lost all of the Caribbean image in the announcements I spent time editing and creating.
Hi, don't worry. Just the directory structure has changed. Follow these steps, please:

1. Goto directory SoundsV3\Crew
2. Create a new directory with the crew name you like - e.g. "My Crew (english)"
3. Goto this new directory
4. Create the following directories: Airports, Announcements, Calls, Captain
5. Copy your announcements to "Announcements", your flightdeck calls to "Calls", etc.

After that select your Crew in "Settings" - "Crew" and you are back in business again ;-)
Best Regards,
Thomas
http://www.simsounds.de

portanav

Post by portanav »

pandine wrote: 10 Oct 2019, 10:28
portanav wrote: 10 Oct 2019, 10:21 Hi, I just upgraded to the new v3.0 but all my custom cabin announcements I created are not working and not to be seen anywhere in the settings menu.

Hi, don't worry. Just the directory structure has changed. Follow these steps, please:

2. Create a new directory with the crew name you like - e.g. "My Crew (english)"
5. Copy your announcements to "Announcements", your flightdeck calls to "Calls", etc.

After that select your Crew in "Settings" - "Crew" and you are back in business again ;-)
OK Thomas, thanks very much for the quick reply. I really enjoy your software and was saddened to think I lost all my hard work, and my sweet Caribbean sounding FA's :) . As an airline pilot you know what I mean :lol:

Thank you again.
Last edited by portanav on 10 Oct 2019, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

pandine

Post by pandine »

portanav wrote: 10 Oct 2019, 10:57
pandine wrote: 10 Oct 2019, 10:28

OK Thomas, thanks very much for the quick reply. I really enjoy you software and was saddened to think I lost all my hard work, and my sweet Caribbean sounding FA's :) . As an airline pilot you know what I mean :lol:

Thank you again.
You are very welcome!
Best Regards,
Thomas

portanav

Post by portanav »

Hi Thomas,

1. What is the correct way to upgrade from version to version, without loosing any customisation?
2. Does the upgrade procedure always add a new installed folder with the new version's folder name or does it just over-right the data in existing folder?

Thanks.
Regards,

pandine

Post by pandine »

portanav wrote: 09 Feb 2020, 11:29 Hi Thomas,

1. What is the correct way to upgrade from version to version, without loosing any customisation?
2. Does the upgrade procedure always add a new installed folder with the new version's folder name or does it just over-right the data in existing folder?

Thanks.
Hi Michael,

the recommend way is to overwrite the existing version. New versions will never contain the SimSounds ini file which contains all your personal settings. BUT: That's why you should never replace SimSounds' wave file with your own versions. If you want to use a personal sound instead of a SimSounds' version you should always save this sound with a different file name and connect this sound via SimSounds configuration. SimSounds will keep this individual configuration when you overwrite your existing version.
BUT: It's always a good idea to create a backup of your existing SimSounds installation before overwriting it with a new version.

Hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Thomas

portanav

Post by portanav »

Thanks Thomas.
Regards,

Return to “SimSounds - by Pandine”