Additional announcement

vjeanmarc

Re: Additional announcement

Post by vjeanmarc »

Hello Thomas,
I used "Ultimate Crew 2014" a while ago
There are two very useful announcements in this software coming from the cockpit during takeoff and landing under certain conditions.
On takeoff "TNC prepare for takeoff" with the ignition of the stobes and on landing "TNC prepare for landing" with the trains lowered and flaps extended.
It would be an interesting addition for Simsound.
Regards,
Jean-Marc

Google Translate.
pandine

Post by pandine »

Hi Jean-Marc,

these calls are your job ... you are the pilot and you tell them to prepare for landing. So ... it's not SimSound's job. :D
Best Regards,
Thomas
http://www.simsounds.de

Juergen

Post by Juergen »

pandine wrote: 16 Feb 2020, 10:51
Juergen wrote: 01 Sep 2019, 22:29 i agree with Lapi, autobreak setting is made far out the airport and this announcements are made by the Pilot non flying and not the Cabin-Crew.

Departure: the RTO Setting is made at flight preparation and not short before takeoff, so it makes no sence to link the call with the RTO.
🤔

But two things i like to be changed when possible
1. The „cabin is ready“ announcemet, should come earlier after the takeoff Briefing for the passengers, there is a gap of about 30 seconds, often i am on the t/o possition before this call comes, and the t/o checklist can not be made before the „Cabin ist ready“ call, so ill get a takeoff clearance from ATC and have to report „not ready“ to the Controller and
2. The „cabin is ready“ call comes to early, it would be ok if that is made 15 NM before toutchdown
Hi Juergen,

Issue 1)
I've optimized the triggers for the "Welcome"-, "Safety"- and the "Cabin is ready" messages. So ... this should be solved with SimSounds 3.1 now.
The "Welcome"-message starts shortly after turning on the beacon lights. And the "Safety"-message starts automatically 10-30 seconds after the "Welcome"-message. So ... both announcements may have been completed while you are still at the gate.

Issue 2)
It may depend on the airline. The call takes place after passing 10.000ft. That's what pilots told me is a realistic scenario.
Hi Thomas,

checked it out, works perfect for me now, thank you once again.
Herzliche Gruesse/kind regards
Juergen
vjeanmarc

Post by vjeanmarc »

pandine wrote: 16 Feb 2020, 16:32 Hi Jean-Marc,

these calls are your job ... you are the pilot and you tell them to prepare for landing. So ... it's not SimSound's job. :D
I was thinking about the co-pilot, no problem
Regards,
Jean-Marc

Google Translate.
pandine

Post by pandine »

vjeanmarc wrote: 17 Feb 2020, 08:34
pandine wrote: 16 Feb 2020, 16:32 Hi Jean-Marc,

I was thinking about the co-pilot, no problem
A virtual pilot is a topic on my feature list. But I am not sure whether the effort and the return are in harmony.
Best Regards,
Thomas
http://www.simsounds.de

vjeanmarc

Post by vjeanmarc »

I understand .
Regards,
Jean-Marc

Google Translate.

Return to “SimSounds - by Pandine”