SimSounds - Current release: 4.0

Juergen

Re: SimSounds - Current version 3.

Post by Juergen »

Hello Thomas,

since a few weeks I have a problem and maybe it is not related to simsounds.
My transducers are connected to an extra soundcard soundblaster audigy. All my add-ons are startet automatically via batchfiles when starting my computer.
Simsounds is started at the end.

Since a few weeks I don’t hear anything from the transducers when starting the engines, but when I open simsounds and open the soundcards Tab, open the Airplane Tab and press ok without changing anything Simsounds is like initialize and after that the transducers work perfekt all the other sounds in simsounds work without that action
I deleted the soundcards.ini file and assigned all the cards again but that did not solve the problem. Also i tried to change all the settings that could be made of the soundblaster card. The card is not the standard sound card and not the standard communications card in windows - in the past all worked perfect.
I am on Win10 2004. and newest Beta from Simsounds

Do you have an idea what that could be ?
Herzliche Gruesse/kind regards
Juergen
pandine

Post by pandine »

Juergen wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 21:03 Hello Thomas,

My transducers are connected to an extra soundcard soundblaster audigy. All my add-ons are startet automatically via batchfiles when starting my computer.

Since a few weeks I don’t hear anything from the transducers when starting the engines, but when I open simsounds and open the soundcards Tab, open the Airplane Tab and press ok without changing anything Simsounds is like initialize and after that the transducers work perfekt all the other sounds in simsounds work without that action
I deleted the soundcards.ini file and assigned all the cards again but that did not solve the problem. Also i tried to change all the settings that could be made of the soundblaster card. The card is not the standard sound card and not the standard communications card in windows - in the past all worked perfect.

Hi Jürgen,

sounds to me that your sound card could not be initialized when SimSounds starts. No idea why. Sorry ...
Best Regards,
Thomas
http://www.simsounds.de

Juergen

Re: SimSounds - Current version 3.2

Post by Juergen »

Hello Thomas,

after further investigation i found out that SimSounds when i first start it engines and turbulence in active state shows, but engines are off and plane is on the ground.
I am using fsuipc 6.0.10 and P3D V5.
Maybe the problem is connected to this initially state, because after a second start, engines and turbulence is off ?

Beside that SimSounds shows me using P3D V4
Attachments
16F61B0B-3B19-4950-84C5-0830C93A6464.jpeg
Juergen
pandine

Post by pandine »

Juergen wrote: 17 Aug 2020, 18:12 Hello Thomas,

after further investigation i found out that SimSounds when i first start it engines and turbulence in active state shows, but engines are off and plane is on the ground.
I am using fsuipc 6.0.10 and P3D V5.
Maybe the problem is connected to this initially state, because after a second start, engines and turbulence is off ?

Beside that SimSounds shows me using P3D V4
Hi Jürgen,

I guess that FSUIPC needs some more time to read all sim values. Please try to insert a further delay for SimSounds by adding the following line in SimSounds.ini:

[General]
FSUIPCRequestFirstRequest=15000

The default value is 5000 and this means the SimSounds waits for 5 seconds after connecting to FSUIPC before the first request takes place. With 15000 SimSounds will wait 15 seconds after the connect.

It's just an idea ... but it may solve that issue.

SimSounds reports P3Dv4.5 .... that's alright.
Best Regards,
Thomas

Juergen

Post by Juergen »

Hello Thomas,

sadly that is not the solution.
I think the Problem is, that if the Engines are assigned to the Transducer SimSounds starting with the state Engines on. If the engines not assigned to the Tranceducer Tab SimSounds starts with engines state off (like it should be)
Engines not assigned to Tranceducer
Engines not assigned to Tranceducer
Simsounds initialisiert
Simsounds initialisiert
Engines off
Engines off
Engines are assigned to Transducer
Engines are assigned to Transducer
SimSounds initalisiert
SimSounds initalisiert
Juergen
pandine

Post by pandine »

Hi Jürgen,

I have absolutely no idea why the connected sound card should have an impact on the way SimSounds behave. Because there is no difference.
Best Regards,
Thomas

pandine

Post by pandine »

Juergen wrote: 14 Aug 2020, 21:03 Hello Thomas,

Hi Jürgen,
what changed "a few weeks ago"? Did you install another FSUIPC version? Switch to P3Dv5? Anything else?
Best Regards,
Thomas

Juergen

Post by Juergen »

Hello Thomas,

that was the hint.
There was an App installed called „Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer“ after removing that all works fine again.

Thank you for your support !
Juergen
pandine

Post by pandine »

Juergen wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 10:34 Hello Thomas,

that was the hint.
There was an App installed called „Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer“ after removing that all works fine again.

Thank you for your support !
Great news. Thank you.
Best Regards,
Thomas

pandine

Re: SimSounds - Current version 3.3

Post by pandine »

Just released SimSounds 3.3. :D :D
Best Regards,
Thomas