SimSounds - Current release: 4.0

pandine

Re: SimSounds - Current version 3.2

Post by pandine »

MistyBlue wrote: 21 May 2020, 21:32 Excellent work Thomas! Appreciate the efforts!

I have a question about the startup engine vibration. I notice that when I start my engines, the buttkicker on the side of the starting engine vibrates, but the other side does not. Is that by design or do I have a misconfiguration? I'm thinking the entire cabin should shake regardless of which engine is starting since each engine affects the entire airframe.
Hi Tony,
you are absolutely right. The buttkicker on the side of the starting engine is more active that the other one. Of course this is not realistic but a lot of people like it.

Engine_1_Start:
Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-21 um 22.43.22.png
You may adjust the files to your needs if you like.
Best Regards,
Thomas
http://www.simsounds.de

MistyBlue

Post by MistyBlue »

Ok, thanks. I only have an Engine_2_Start. I don't have an Engine_1_Start also. So is the same start file used for both engines? Or should there be a start file for each engine with the wav's swapped? Maybe I'm missing a file and that's why I'm not getting anything.
pandine

Post by pandine »

MistyBlue wrote: 21 May 2020, 22:10 Ok, thanks. I only have an Engine_2_Start. I don't have an Engine_1_Start also. So is the same start file used for both engines? Or should there be a start file for each engine with the wav's swapped? Maybe I'm missing a file and that's why I'm not getting anything.
Hi Tony,
the SimSounds 3.2 ZIP archive contains both files. Engine_1_Start and Engine_2_Start.
Best Regards,
Thomas

MistyBlue

Post by MistyBlue »

It sure does. Somehow that file disappeared on my SimSounds PC which might explain the issue I was having :idea:

At least now I have a better understanding of how the startup vibrations work :D Thank you!
strude11

Post by strude11 »

Hi Thomas
Can I ask you to verify the buttons on the UI.
As I understand it, when the buttons turn blue the sound is active and by clicking the button, it mutes the sound and the colour changes to pink.
My question is how to turn the sound on again. The reason I ask is that the passenger sounds when on are great but I muted them whilst enroute to answer an atc but when I clicked the button again the passenger sounds could not be started.
Can you clarify this part of your great program.
Many thanks
Iain
pandine

Post by pandine »

strude11 wrote: 23 May 2020, 21:05 Hi Thomas
Can I ask you to verify the buttons on the UI.
As I understand it, when the buttons turn blue the sound is active and by clicking the button, it mutes the sound and the colour changes to pink.
My question is how to turn the sound on again. The reason I ask is that the passenger sounds when on are great but I muted them whilst enroute to answer an atc but when I clicked the button again the passenger sounds could not be started.
Can you clarify this part of your great program.
Many thanks
Iain
Hi Iain,
when you mute (or better temporarily deactivate) an active announcement (pink button) the announcements stopps. When you activate it again (gray button) the latest announcements will not continue. But the next announcement will be played again.

Light gray button:sound is disabled
Gray button: sound is enable but not being played
Blue button: sound is currently playing
Pink button: sound is temporarily muted or inactive

In case of the passenger sound ... the sound will start again when your flight enters the next state: e.g. boarding - engine start - taxi - takeoff - climb - cruise ....

Hope this helps ...
Best Regards,
Thomas

strude11

Post by strude11 »

Hi Thomas
Thats great, thanks for clearing that up.
Iain
chris93329

Post by chris93329 »

Hi...
Yesterday, I‘ve downloaded simsounds and I‘m looking forward to use this great addon.
I use Prosim 2.29 together with the actual flight model. For now, I hear roll-sounds (take off) and wind-sounds out of p3d v5. Do I have to disable some p3d-sounds, while using simsounds? I‘m not clear about that and assume, to hear 2 sounds (f.e. rollsounds) at the same time - one out of p3d and one out of simsounds.

Best regards,
Christian
pandine

Post by pandine »

chris93329 wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 09:15 Hi...
Yesterday, I‘ve downloaded simsounds and I‘m looking forward to use this great addon.
I use Prosim 2.29 together with the actual flight model. For now, I hear roll-sounds (take off) and wind-sounds out of p3d v5. Do I have to disable some p3d-sounds, while using simsounds? I‘m not clear about that and assume, to hear 2 sounds (f.e. rollsounds) at the same time - one out of p3d and one out of simsounds.

Best regards,
Christian
Hi Christian,
some sounds of SimSounds are optimized for butt kickers and/or body shakers: e.g. roll, engines, bump. So usually you can't hear but feel them if you use a butt kicker or body shaker. If you don't use such hardware just disable the corresponding sound in SimSounds. It's that simple ;-)
Best Regards,
Thomas

chris93329

Post by chris93329 »

Hi Thomas,
Thank you for your fast answer. Yes... I have no hardware like body-shaker and so on.
Hmm. I‘m a little but confused. I thought, simsounds bring those real sounds, such as roll-sounds, rain-sounds, ...
So... i quite like those simsound-roll-sounds. But how can I use them simsound-sounds with p3d in order avoid hearing 2 sounds at the same time?

Best regards,
Christian

Return to “SimSounds - by Pandine”