SimSounds - Current release: 4.0

zillmer

Re: SimSounds - Current version 3.2

Post by zillmer »

Misty/Pandine,

There is no mystery here. When Prosim released the updated Prosim 737 Aircraft about 2 years ago or so, the new visual model contained individual animations for the front and rear passenger, service and cargo doors, as well as the overhead wing exits (all 4 as a single animation).

Because P3D does not support more than 4 doors through the internal door logic of P3D, they were instead linked to custom animation logic with custom L:vars for each door. As a consequence, in the model as a standalone entity, triggering the doors using either the Tab-1, Tab-2 etc commands, or using GSX functionality using the custom GSX.cfg file supplied by Prosim does not trigger anything in the standard P3D door model and the 0x3367 offset does not change in response.

My EFC737 program and app should provide a solution to this in that it links the custom animations and P3D together and updates the 0x3367 offset whenever the front passenger door is opened by GSX or elsewhere (this was added specifically to work with SimSounds); however just at the moment I inadvertently introduced a bug in the latest release that means that the 0x3367 offset is not updated. I hope to release an update over the Easter weekend that will restore this functionality. Note that it is not necessary to use the Ipad/Android app to get the functionality for this part, just the server will do that, as well as synchronising the door annunciators with the visual model.

An alternative would be if Pandine could read directly the Lvars created by the Prosim model in SimSounds, but that is of course entirely down to you as to whether you can/want to add the functionality.

For my app to work, the Door Logic in Prosim has to be set to Disabled, and, in that mode, Prosim does not trigger the 0x3367 offset when the Front Left Passenger door annunciator is set to on/off.

If in Prosim the Door Logic is set to Prosim or FWD LEFT Only; then Prosim itself will run through a sequence of setting and resetting the door annunciators, and will trigger the 0x3367 offset. However this will have no effect on the visual model (because it doesn't trigger the L:vars) and also in this mode whilst GSX auto functionality will open and close the doors on the visual model, it isn't linked to Prosim and so Prosim will continue with it's own internal door logic, opening and closing the doors to it's own logic. This means that SimSounds wouldn't be in sync with GSX, because SimSounds will sense the passenger door as open or closed when Prosim changes it, and not when GSX does so.

Regards

Simon.
MistyBlue

Post by MistyBlue »

Simon,

That was a really helpful explanation. Thank you also, Thomas, for the clarification. That really helped me understand.

So the bug in EFC doesn't trigger the FSUIPC offset when GSX opens the doors, and hence Thomas' SimSounds app, which depends on that offset trigger, doesn't know the doors opened. Makes sense. Looking forward to the fix.

I appreciate the great work both you guys do!

Tony
egkkman

Post by egkkman »

Hi Thomas,

For some time now Simsounds has not had full functionality as it was not 'seeing' the door positions, due I believe to a glitch within EFC 737, this is however fixed for me with the release of EFC V3.

However, Simsounds does not 'see' the switch position of the No Smoking and Seatbelt signs. It does 'see' the beacon light, taxi light and door positions. I have two instances of Simsounds running, one on the Prosim/P3D PC and the other on a client PC, both have the same issue.

If I click on the button in Simsounds then they work.
I have double checked within Prosim that the switches are working and they are.

Any clues please on what might be the problem and how I might begin to troubleshoot?

Thanks very much

Dave
Wire, solder, balsa wood, 2x2 timber, hot glue, super glue, contact adhesive, plastic, blood, sweat and lots of tears.
pandine

Post by pandine »

egkkman wrote: 20 Apr 2020, 08:01 Hi Thomas,

For some time now Simsounds has not had full functionality as it was not 'seeing' the door positions, due I believe to a glitch within EFC 737, this is however fixed for me with the release of EFC V3.

However, Simsounds does not 'see' the switch position of the No Smoking and Seatbelt signs. It does 'see' the beacon light, taxi light and door positions. I have two instances of Simsounds running, one on the Prosim/P3D PC and the other on a client PC, both have the same issue.

If I click on the button in Simsounds then they work.
I have double checked within Prosim that the switches are working and they are.

Any clues please on what might be the problem and how I might begin to troubleshoot?

Thanks very much

Dave
Hi Dave,

please take a look at the FAQ ... there is a short description how to get the passengers signs to work ...

https://www.simsounds.de/home/faq
Best Regards,
Thomas
http://www.simsounds.de

egkkman

Post by egkkman »

Hi Thomas,

I'm very sorry to have wasted your time, I did check the Simsounds manual and forum but didn't check the FAQs :oops:

I'll make the assignments this evening and report back.

Thanks very much

Dave
Wire, solder, balsa wood, 2x2 timber, hot glue, super glue, contact adhesive, plastic, blood, sweat and lots of tears.
pandine

Post by pandine »

egkkman wrote: 20 Apr 2020, 08:27 Hi Thomas,

I'm very sorry to have wasted your time, I did check the Simsounds manual and forum but didn't check the FAQs :oops:

I'll make the assignments this evening and report back.

Thanks very much

Dave
No problem, Dave. You are very welcome :-)
Best Regards,
Thomas

egkkman

Post by egkkman »

Hi Thomas,

I made the FSUIPC offset entries and everything works perfectly.

Thanks and regards

Dave
pandine

Post by pandine »

egkkman wrote: 25 Apr 2020, 10:57 Hi Thomas,

I made the FSUIPC offset entries and everything works perfectly.

Thanks and regards

Dave
Excellent. Thank's for your feedback, Dave!
Best Regards,
Thomas

pandine

Post by pandine »

SimSounds 3.3 will have a completely reworked door logic. Users will be able to configure the leading system for the door logic: FSUIPC (via offset) or the visual model (via L:Var). No matter which logic you configure, an additional option even allows you to sync the door between FSUIPC and the visual model in both directions.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-04 um 13.51.21.png

Special thanks to Simon!
Best Regards,
Thomas

MistyBlue

Post by MistyBlue »

Excellent work Thomas! Appreciate the efforts!

I have a question about the startup engine vibration. I notice that when I start my engines, the buttkicker on the side of the starting engine vibrates, but the other side does not. Is that by design or do I have a misconfiguration? I'm thinking the entire cabin should shake regardless of which engine is starting since each engine affects the entire airframe.

Return to “SimSounds - by Pandine”