SimSounds - Current release: 4.0

pandine

SimSounds - Current release: 4.0

Post by pandine »

Hi folks,

Humberto was so nice and created this board for SimSounds. I'll always post the current version - including beta versions - here.
If you have any questions or wishes concerning SimSounds, you may place them here. Thank you!

Current release: 4.0
Current beta: -
Download: https://www.simsounds.de/home/download
Last edited by pandine on 04 Sep 2020, 06:12, edited 38 times in total.
Best Regards,
Thomas
http://www.simsounds.de

pandine

SimSounds - What is that?

Post by pandine »

Optimized sounds for buttkicker and body shakers - some of them recorded in real aircraft.
Realistic cabin announcements ... boarding music and much more.
Connects to Prepar3D (P3D) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (FSX) via FSUIPC.

Speed dependent ...
  • Roll sound
  • Wind sound
  • Rain sound
  • Bump sound

Vertical speed dependent ...
  • Touch down sounds

Additional sounds ...
  • Turbulence (requires Active Sky)
  • Spoilers (volume depends on spoiler position)
  • Tailstrike
  • Parking brake
  • Gear up and down

Cabin announcements consider ...
  • Local time of day
  • Name of airports

Cabin announcements ...
  • German
  • English

Cabin announcements for ...
  • Boarding
  • Engine start
  • Taxi
  • After takeoff
  • Cruise
  • Seatbelt signs
  • Descent
  • After landing
  • Parking position

Boarding with music and entire flight with passenger noise.

Additional cabin sounds ...
  • Opening and closing the front door
  • Seatbelt signs
  • No Smoking signs
Best Regards,
Thomas

Timonier

Re: SimSounds - Current version

Post by Timonier »

Hi Thomas

Just installed your trial version bêta.
One question : I suppose PROSIM Audio isn’t anymore needed with SimSounds ? Am I correct ?

Thanks for your clarification.
Best Regards,
Marc Manandise (EBSH)
Belgium
Sismo MIP-pedestal, Fwd and Aft OVH CPFlight, MCP-EFIS Simworld, Fl-Illusion Gauges, CDU's Simworld, Throttle FSC motorized, Yoke ACE, Rudder Open cockpits, Jetstream, W10 PRO 64 bits, P3D v4.5.13.32097

pandine

Post by pandine »

Timonier wrote: 30 Jan 2019, 22:17 Hi Thomas

Just installed your trial version bêta.
One question : I suppose PROSIM Audio isn’t anymore needed with SimSounds ? Am I correct ?

Thanks for your clarification.
Hi Marc,

it depends on your setup. In common SimSounds is actually not a replacement for ProSim Audio. SimSounds adds several sounds for the cabin and for buttkickers and body shakers. In addition to that SimSounds adds speed depended sounds like wind, roll, flaps, etc. Just try SimSounds. There is a special "Test" menu ...
Best Regards,
Thomas

Timonier

Post by Timonier »

Thanks for your quick answer and have already tried the test mode ... looks great 👍
Will try a flight tomorrow with SimSounds 😉
Best Regards,
Marc Manandise (EBSH)
Belgium
Sismo MIP-pedestal, Fwd and Aft OVH CPFlight, MCP-EFIS Simworld, Fl-Illusion Gauges, CDU's Simworld, Throttle FSC motorized, Yoke ACE, Rudder Open cockpits, Jetstream, W10 PRO 64 bits, P3D v4.5.13.32097

pandine

Post by pandine »

Timonier wrote: 30 Jan 2019, 22:27 Thanks for your quick answer and have already tried the test mode ... looks great 👍
Will try a flight tomorrow with SimSounds 😉
Thank you! Have fun ... ! :D
Best Regards,
Thomas

Pete Dowson

Post by Pete Dowson »

This looks like an interesting program, even though I don't use a buttkicker in my cockpit. I'm particularly interested in the speed related sounds. But one seems to be missing: speedbrake. In the real 738 the speedbrake does make a siginicant difference in sound in the main cabin. I assume you can also hear this in the cockpit?

One other question: in the README file it says

"With one license, you are allowed to run as many instances of SimSounds on a single PC as you like. Run multiple instances (in different directories) of SimSounds to direct sounds to different speakers / butt-kickers."

As well as the speed-related sounds I'm also interested in the cabin sounds. However, in my case the most suitable speaker is in the overhead and this is connected to a WideFS client. This is where I run my ATC program and allows me to switch the ATC voice to/from the headsets using an overhead switch. Does the licence cover multiple PCs but used with one cockpit system?

Pete
My System

Win10: 2004 build 19041.685
Processor: I9 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Mobo: Maximus XI Extreme Z390
Memory: 32Gb at 3900 MHz.
GPU: RTX 24Gb Titan
Displays: 2 x 2160p projectors at 30Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen
P3D5 set with 2 windows using ViewGroups
pandine

Post by pandine »

Pete Dowson wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 13:47 This looks like an interesting program, even though I don't use a buttkicker in my cockpit. I'm particularly interested in the speed related sounds. But one seems to be missing: speedbrake. In the real 738 the speedbrake does make a siginicant difference in sound in the main cabin. I assume you can also hear this in the cockpit?
Take a look at SimSounds 2.9 beta 3, please. Version 2.9 supports speed brakes / spoilers ;-)
Pete Dowson wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 13:47 One other question: in the README file it says

"With one license, you are allowed to run as many instances of SimSounds on a single PC as you like. Run multiple instances (in different directories) of SimSounds to direct sounds to different speakers / butt-kickers."

As well as the speed-related sounds I'm also interested in the cabin sounds. However, in my case the most suitable speaker is in the overhead and this is connected to a WideFS client. This is where I run my ATC program and allows me to switch the ATC voice to/from the headsets using an overhead switch. Does the licence cover multiple PCs but used with one cockpit system?
It is possible to extend the license to a second or third PC. Please contact me at info@simsounds.de. Thank you!
Best Regards,
Thomas

Pete Dowson

Post by Pete Dowson »

pandine wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 13:53 Take a look at SimSounds 2.9 beta 3, please. Version 2.9 supports speed brakes / spoilers ;-)
Thanks. I've downloaded it and will try it tomorrow (my cockpit system is all off at present and I have too much else to do today).
It is possible to extend the license to a second or third PC. Please contact me at info@simsounds.de. Thank you!
Okay ... will do. I have purchased it on SimMarket now, and will contact you after installing and registering it on my main P3D4 PC so that I can also get it licensed on my ATC PC.

Thanks,
Pete
My System

Win10: 2004 build 19041.685
Processor: I9 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Mobo: Maximus XI Extreme Z390
Memory: 32Gb at 3900 MHz.
GPU: RTX 24Gb Titan
Displays: 2 x 2160p projectors at 30Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen
P3D5 set with 2 windows using ViewGroups
portanav

Post by portanav »

pandine wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 13:53
Pete Dowson wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 13:47 This looks like an interesting program, even though I don't use a buttkicker in my cockpit. I'm particularly interested in the speed related sounds. But one seems to be missing: speedbrake. In the real 738 the speedbrake does make a siginicant difference in sound in the main cabin. I assume you can also hear this in the cockpit?
Take a look at SimSounds 2.9 beta 3, please. Version 2.9 supports speed brakes / spoilers ;-)
Pete Dowson wrote: 31 Jan 2019, 13:47 One other question: in the README file it says

Pete, have a look at AccuFeel. It provides all of your request. https://a2asimulations.com/product/accu ... sea-p3dv4/

Regards,
Regards,
Michael :)

System: Prosim737 2.27, Win10/64, i7-6700, ASUS Z-170, GTX 1080.

Return to “SimSounds - by Pandine”