No spoiler detection (MSFS)

OmniAtlas

No spoiler detection (MSFS)

Post by OmniAtlas »

Hi Pandine,

With the newly released A320 flight model release for MSFS 1.05 spoilers are no longer detected.

I would appreciate if you could take a look at it - works fine in P3D.

Thank you,

Ben
Flight Simulation and Avionic Engineering - http://www.soarbywire.com
pandine

Re: No spoiler detection (MSFS)

Post by pandine »

OmniAtlas wrote: 21 Nov 2021, 12:49 Hi Pandine,

With the newly released A320 flight model release for MSFS 1.05 spoilers are no longer detected.

I would appreciate if you could take a look at it - works fine in P3D.

Thank you,

Ben
Hi Ben,
this is not a SimSounds issue. It's an issue of the flight model or FSUIPC.
Best Regards,
Thomas
http://www.simsounds.de

Lapi

Post by Lapi »

pandine wrote: 21 Nov 2021, 14:48 this is not a SimSounds issue. It's an issue of the flight model or FSUIPC.
It is not an issue, it is by design.
We do not anymore use the default animations in the sim, rather, all flight-control-surfaces have their own animations internally, that gives a much much better and precise visual result.

Nevertheless, as those are Lvar driven, external programs could use that by recognizing the actual deflections, but for that those programs need to be modified accordingly.
We will soon have a similar system for the 738 and the MAX, so changes will be needed.

regards
Lapi
pandine

Post by pandine »

Lapi wrote: 21 Nov 2021, 15:55
pandine wrote: 21 Nov 2021, 14:48 this is not a SimSounds issue. It's an issue of the flight model or FSUIPC.
It is not an issue, it is by design.
We do not anymore use the default animations in the sim, rather, all flight-control-surfaces have their own animations internally, that gives a much much better and precise visual result.

Nevertheless, as those are Lvar driven, external programs could use that by recognizing the actual deflections, but for that those programs need to be modified accordingly.
We will soon have a similar system for the 738 and the MAX, so changes will be needed.

regards
Lapi
Thank you for your explanation. Could you please give me some more details about the existing Lvar.
Best Regards,
Thomas

Lapi

Post by Lapi »

pandine wrote: 28 Nov 2021, 09:01 Thank you for your explanation. Could you please give me some more details about the existing Lvar.
Yes. I guess stuff like rudder or ailerons have no importance for the purpose.
The spoilers are divided to 5 variables Left and 5 variables Right.

<Code>(L:A320_FC_L_SPLR_1, number) 1 * </Code> (then SPLR_2,3,4,5)
<Code>(L:A320_FC_R_SPLR_1, number) 1 * </Code> (then SPLR_2,3,4,5) so altogether 10 vars for the spoilers.

Animation length and max deflection is 50 in all cases, and they work just like the real thing (unlike the stock P3D ones), meaning they don't move together, but only whenever it is needed.
If you query the value, at 50 you get max deflection individually.
Hope it helps.

regards
Lapi
pandine

Post by pandine »

Lapi wrote: 28 Nov 2021, 22:19
pandine wrote: 28 Nov 2021, 09:01 Thank you for your explanation. Could you please give me some more details about the existing Lvar.
Yes. I guess stuff like rudder or ailerons have no importance for the purpose.
The spoilers are divided to 5 variables Left and 5 variables Right.

<Code>(L:A320_FC_L_SPLR_1, number) 1 * </Code> (then SPLR_2,3,4,5)
<Code>(L:A320_FC_R_SPLR_1, number) 1 * </Code> (then SPLR_2,3,4,5) so altogether 10 vars for the spoilers.

Animation length and max deflection is 50 in all cases, and they work just like the real thing (unlike the stock P3D ones), meaning they don't move together, but only whenever it is needed.
If you query the value, at 50 you get max deflection individually.
Hope it helps.

regards
Lapi
Thank you Lapi. Last questions:

1. Because SimSounds only recognizes one value for the spoilers which of the variables (left or right) is the best one to let SimSounds start the vibrations? Or in other words: which one (1-5) has the most impact?
2. What will be the names for the 737? B737_FC_L_SPLR_x ?
Best Regards,
Thomas

Return to “SimSounds - by Pandine”