Dynamic Volume by Altitude - by Lapi

Lapi

Dynamic Volume by Altitude - by Lapi

Post by Lapi »

Hi folks,

A little program that some of you may find to be useful.

This program regulates the simulator’s main system volume depending on altitude, density altitude and other important factors. In fact, I made this small program because a respected commercial user of ProSim-AR asked if there was a way to decrease the volume of the system depending on altitude.
He was right because indeed airliners fly relatively high, so the overall engine noise and wind-noise is noticeably lower at high Flight-Level altitudes.

The program was mainly created for cockpit users.
The application assumes that there is a single-main computer, which runs the core simulator program, and it is not used for anything else, thus a slightly decreasing volume – depending on the altitude – will not interfere with other programs and important tasks.
Therefore, the program regulates the system’s main volume, and only the output “playback” device, that is the default one on the system.

The program regulates the volume by the actual altitude the airplane is flying at, but it is just one of the factors considered, because apart from altitude, density altitude, pressure, airspeed and several other factors are calculated and taken into account.
This small application does not come with its own installer. There is no need for that, you should simply unzip the distributed file and move it to any folder of your liking. However we strongly advice against placing it in the Program Files folder, because depending on your system settings, it may happen that the program will be unable to write its configuration file, due to security settings. The best is to install it as far as from the C:\ drive as possible.

The application itself is 64 bits but it can also be used in a 32 bit environment.
Besides the descriptions in the accompanied document, the program itself has a considerable amount of “tooltips” above each setting or parameter, so it is a good practice to read those when trying to configure the program.
Telling you this because it needs to be very carefully configured.

After the program is properly configured, there is no need anymore for the user interface, so the best practice would be to start it minimized.
The are several ways and methods to start the program automatically, FSUIPC is the most common for this purpose, but any other solution can also be used.
Have fun!

regards
Lapi
uragano

Re: Dynamic Volume by Altitude - by Lapi

Post by uragano »

Thx Lapi

Inviato dal mio P01T_1 utilizzando Tapatalk

DUCCIO
W10 64 - Asus ROG STRIX Z390-H - 9900K (5Ghz) -STRIX-GTX2080Ti-11
HD1: SSD 1T 860EVO 6GB/S - SSD2: Segate 1TB 860EVO 6GB/S
Memory: 2x8GB 4.4GHZ Corsair - Monitor 55" 4K +COCKPIT+P3DV5 HF1
PROSIM737V2
https://youtu.be/OBMdicjQ5Kg
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Hi Lapi,

I have download this and will try it later but Thank you for sharing it :D
Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie
willow

Post by willow »

Thanks Lapi. Similar to a program I currently use, but I'm sure your creation will be better :) WilloW
WilloW (YMHB) 🇦🇺 Always
https://www.flaps2approach.com
Realism using OEM parts ✈️
Avatar: "Miss Tara Black Dog" (sadly missed....RIP Nov 2013)
egkkman

Post by egkkman »

Thanks for sharing Lapi.
Wire, solder, balsa wood, 2x2 timber, hot glue, super glue, contact adhesive, plastic, blood, sweat and lots of tears.
Hakkie

Post by Hakkie »

Thanks!
Kind regards,
Henk-Jan
Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value (Albert Einstein)
Click HERE for my flightsimulator info
Timonier

Post by Timonier »

Hello Lapi,

Downloaded, installed, tested and configured with FSUIPC ... great software :-)
Many thanks
Best Regards,
Marc Manandise (EBSH)
Belgium
Sismo MIP-pedestal, Fwd and Aft OVH CPFlight, MCP-EFIS Simworld, Fl-Illusion Gauges, CDU's Simworld, Throttle FSC motorized, Yoke ACE, Rudder Open cockpits, Jetstream, W10 PRO 64 bits, P3D v4.5.13.32097

Driver170

Post by Driver170 »

Any reason why running this app mutes my volume?
Flyengravity MIP Cpflight ICS V2 + MCP PRO2 + Cpflight EFIS PRO + Cpflight Pedestal

Flybycockpit yoke, Rudder pedals, Floor structure and shell.

CFY TQ Gold +

willow

Post by willow »

Driver170 wrote: 20 Jul 2018, 13:58 Any reason why running this app mutes my volume?
Hello Vernon

Ensure you read the manual found in the zip file. It explains in detail how to set up the program correctly. Enjoy, WilloW
WilloW (YMHB) 🇦🇺 Always
https://www.flaps2approach.com
Realism using OEM parts ✈️
Avatar: "Miss Tara Black Dog" (sadly missed....RIP Nov 2013)
Driver170

Post by Driver170 »

willow wrote: 20 Jul 2018, 14:16
Driver170 wrote: 20 Jul 2018, 13:58 Any reason why running this app mutes my volume?
Hello Vernon

Ensure you read the manual found in the zip file. It explains in detail how to set up the program correctly. Enjoy, WilloW
Read the manual. But soon as i run the program it mutes my speakers
Flyengravity MIP Cpflight ICS V2 + MCP PRO2 + Cpflight EFIS PRO + Cpflight Pedestal

Flybycockpit yoke, Rudder pedals, Floor structure and shell.

CFY TQ Gold +

Return to “Dynamic Volume by Altitude - by Lapi”