OC IO card (servo) Status: stopped

A how-to is an informal, often short, description of how to accomplish some specific task (Wikipedia)
P906

OC IO card (servo) Status: stopped

Post by P906 »

Hi SIOC experts,

i have an OC servocard for my Flapsgauge and after loading
an emty script it still does not come alive.

I upgraded to WIN11 from WIN10.
In WIN 10 it works without any problem.

In the screenshot you can see (in left upper corner), that the device-status "Stopped".
What has to be done in that case ?
I use the MSFS2020 with simconnect, but same with FSUIPC

best W.M.
Screenshot (10).png
jmlohrenz

Re: OC IO card (servo) Status: stopped

Post by jmlohrenz »

.net 3.5 feature is active?
Jason L
Full Scale 737 using frame from old NWA Training Center 727. Opencockpits Modules, CFY Throttle, Arduino Boards w/ mobiflight. 3x1080p Projectors, 210 degree screen, 2 PC's
Aussie1234

Post by Aussie1234 »

That Asterix (*) up in the top right window, indicates you haven't configured the Servo port location in the SIOC config.ini
It is telling you, that SIOC has discovered a Servo board located at Device 10 but can't use it.
You may have plugged the board into another USB port from where you originally had it.

You can either plug it into the original port, or go in and change the port number in the SIOC Config.ini (the location of that file is shown in the lower right window.

Look for the identifier for a USBServo board, and correct that one line in the .ini

Good luck.

Aussie
Full enc. Cockpit: Prosim737 V3.1x : P3Dv5.3HF1+: AS3D: REX Sky Force: Orbx Scenery: GSX2; Simworld Fwd OHD: Jetmax manual Throttle: OC USB Radios etc.; MCP V3; 2 x EFIS; 2 x CDU: RTX 2070 Super; 4 ext views. 210 deg.: Total 6 W10 PCs on 1GB network.
P906

Post by P906 »

thx Aussie

i will try that.

b.r.
M.W.

p.s. i am loading an empty script and it works in WIN10/P3D
but not in WIN11/MSFS2020
Last edited by P906 on 24 Nov 2022, 00:08, edited 1 time in total.
P906

Post by P906 »

jmlohrenz wrote: 23 Nov 2022, 19:53 .net 3.5 feature is active?
yes, is active.

This is only in WIN11 and MSFS.
In WIN10 together with P3Dv5 all is working correctly.

b.r.
M.W.
jmlohrenz

Post by jmlohrenz »

Even with empty script.you still need to assign the index number for that cars. That astrix means you haven't done that yet.
Jason L
Full Scale 737 using frame from old NWA Training Center 727. Opencockpits Modules, CFY Throttle, Arduino Boards w/ mobiflight. 3x1080p Projectors, 210 degree screen, 2 PC's
belgianguy

Post by belgianguy »

jmlohrenz wrote: 24 Nov 2022, 01:07 Even with empty script.you still need to assign the index number for that cars. That astrix means you haven't done that yet.
No that is not correct, when running an empty script for sioc direct in Prosim, you don't have to configure the card in sioc. Prosim will assign it internally.

@W.M.
In your picture, I see that ProSim is missing a servo card with ID 16, but it does find your servo card with ID 10. I guess you need to open sioc direct advanced configuration, to change the servo card from id 16 to id 10 which is the new id in your Windows 11 setup.

Oh and the status "Stopped" in the upper left corner is a normal indication. I never saw a different status in my setup for years ;) , but sioc did work al the time. That is why you also see the servo card with id 10 in the left window of Prosim.
Best Regards,
Gert
P906

Post by P906 »

thanks Gert,

i will change that

b.r. M.w
P906

Post by P906 »

HI Gert again,

i do not find what you recommended, where is the " sioc direct advanced configuration" ?

thx
m.w.
belgianguy

Post by belgianguy »

Hi,

You need to do that in ProSim.
If ProSim is started, in the top menu go to "Config - Configuration" and then open the "Drivers" tab.
There you should find the option "Sioc Direct" - "Advanced".

I suppose that you configured the servo card there since I see in your picture only the option sioc direct.

I'm not sure about that, since I never used a servo card via the sioc direct method. (I only used it via a sioc script)

If you don't find it, can you attach your config.xml file from your ProSImB738 folder with your next post so we can have a look at it?
Best Regards,
Gert

Return to “ProSimB738 - How-tos”