Intercom Configuration

A how-to is an informal, often short, description of how to accomplish some specific task (Wikipedia)
Ursli80

Re: Intercom Configuration

Post by Ursli80 »

BuildABoeing wrote: 02 Sep 2022, 20:42 I am unable to find my original posting on the forum. But I did a YouTube video about it. It is almost half an hour but covers how I made it work

https://buildaboeing.com/2020/05/03/prosim-intercom/
Thank you Peter, I

I will watch your video. Can't both heatsets be on the same PC? Do you also use it with Vatsim?

That would also interest me at a later date.

Best regrads
Urs
MSFS2020
Windows 11
MCP/EFIS/CDU/ Pedestal Overhead (CP Flight)
MIP,(SISMO)
TQ V3 Gold Plus (CFY)
Pedalen (Leo Bodnar Card) and Yoke (Opencockpits)
Tiller (Schiller Metalle)
Goggle Translator
[url=http://prosim737.com][img]http://prosim737.com/banners/forumbanner1.jpg[/img][/url]
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Kind Regards

Bernie.
Bernie
Ursli80

Post by Ursli80 »

Hello everyone,

i have a short question. My ceiling speakers are on another PC like the FS2020 does anyone know how I can still play the FS2020 ATC over them?
So a software solution so that I could also select the speakers on the other PC?

Best regards
Urs
MSFS2020
Windows 11
MCP/EFIS/CDU/ Pedestal Overhead (CP Flight)
MIP,(SISMO)
TQ V3 Gold Plus (CFY)
Pedalen (Leo Bodnar Card) and Yoke (Opencockpits)
Tiller (Schiller Metalle)
Goggle Translator
[url=http://prosim737.com][img]http://prosim737.com/banners/forumbanner1.jpg[/img][/url]
enricoarman

Post by enricoarman »

BuildABoeing wrote: 02 Sep 2022, 20:39 So I am a bit unsure if you can have to computers / two instances of Prosim Audio both covering the Captain. But lets give it a try

PC1 (Headset CPT)
Settings:
Set Boom as microphone
Set Headset af output.
In Prosim Audio tick Captian

PC2 (Headset F/O)
Settings:
Set Boom as microphone
Set Headset af output.
In Prosim Audio tick First Officer

So far so good. Test this set up with the [Test Intercom] function

PC3
Settings
Set Speaker as output
In Prosim Audio tick Captian

Ought to work.

This does not cover VHF transmissions like VATSIM. That is a whole other story where you need a virtual cable between computers.
Hello Peter,
thanks a lot for your great work: I followed your video and succeeded in setting up audio with headset.
I also set up VATSIM with the virtual cable, but the audio from vatsim is now worst than with a "normal" configuration without virtual cable.
Did you experienced something similar ?
If yes did you find a solution ?
Thanks a lot
Regards

Enrico
Enrico Arman
BuildABoeing

Post by BuildABoeing »

As I recall the VATSIM sound suffered with shutters and a 4/5 on a radio chake (even 3/5 at one point). I thought it to be due to lacking computer power. But never got around to investigating it.
Now this is quite some time back and then I took most of my ceiling / overhead apart including my audio set-up. So I have not flown on VATSIM for a year or so.
Happy landings
Peter - BuildABoeing.com Tailnumber: LN-RGB
Japermac

Post by Japermac »

Simply great, Peter! Thanks a lot for all that useful and valuable info. My audio works great. The thing is that I can't adjust the VHF channels volume with the ASP controls (CpFlight). I haven't been able to get the R/T switch on the ASP to work either. Only the PTT of my yoke works. I have read that both things are not yet possible. But I have read from Humberto that Prosim is working on a rebuilt of the Audio (still in Alfa). On the other hand, I can adjust the SPKR volume on the ASP without any problem. Regarding the I/C switch, I haven't tested it, as I don't have a F/O audio. We hope that Prosim will do a nice job with that rebuilt.

Talking about the virtual cable, there's something weird. It sounds very very very distorted. So I entered the audio configuration in Windows and I changed the bits and Hz. Then it sounds very well. But I start the computer next day and it sounds distorted again, so I have to make the trick again and change the bits and Hz to a different value. I would say that every time I turn on the computer I have to do that for having it working good. Maybe I have choosen a bad virtual cable software? I can't remember which one I'm using now, as I'm not on my simulator computer right now. Can you recommend a good virtual cable program, please? I would like to try with a different one.

Thanks again, Peter.

By the way, when I am on the simulator computer I will share my audio setup with you all, just in order to help those who don't have it working yet.

At the moment, I can only say that I am using a single computer:
-2 Prosim Audio applications (one for the CPT audio and one for AURAL WARNINGS)
-2 screens with built-in speaker (UPPER DU and LOWER DU)
-1 projector with built-in speaker
-1 integrated sound card of the mother board

So this is how I do it:

- UPPER DU monitor for AURAL WARNINGS (which can be replaced with an USB soundcard, like Peter suggests)
- LOWER DU monitor for CPT audio SPKR (which can be replaced with a second USB soundcard, like Peter's)
- PROJECTOR for engines and environment sound (which can be replaced with a third USB soundcard, like Peter's)
- MOTHERBOARD SOUND CARD for CPT headphones. (In the near future, I will use the MOTHERBOARD SOUND CARD for engines and environment sound, as I will connect my 7.1 speakers. Then I will use the projector´s headphone input for CPT headphones).

Although USB cards are a great solution, for those who have monitors or projectors with built-in speakers, you can use them instead of using USB sound cards. As I said, as soon as I´m on the simulator computer, I will share screen captures of the configuration on both Prosim Audio running apps.

Have nice flights!
Regards,

Javier

i9-9900K - 32 Gb RAM - Asus Rog Hero XII Wifi - RTX 2080ti OC - Win10Pro 64bit
Benq W1210st projector - CpFlight MCP737EL + EFIS737PRO + CDU737PRO + COMM
Japermac

Post by Japermac »

To complete the info provided on my previous post, here are the software settings:

My UPPER DU monitor with built-in speaker is connected via HDMI. These are my settings for the CPT audio in Prosim Audio:
Captura de pantalla (29).png

And my LOWER DU monitor (also with built-in speaker) is connected via USB with an HDMI to USB adaptor. These are settings for the aural warnings audio:
Captura de pantalla (24).png

These are my vPilot audio settings for Vatsim:
Captura de pantalla (26).png
Same settings in ActiveSky for having ATIS on the audio setup.

I hope it helps to anybody that still have problems configurating the audio.
Regards,

Javier

i9-9900K - 32 Gb RAM - Asus Rog Hero XII Wifi - RTX 2080ti OC - Win10Pro 64bit
Benq W1210st projector - CpFlight MCP737EL + EFIS737PRO + CDU737PRO + COMM

Return to “ProSimB738 - How-tos”