New flightmodel 1.58

A how-to is an informal, often short, description of how to accomplish some specific task (Wikipedia)
Mikesim

New flightmodel 1.58

Post by Mikesim »

Sorry for asking, not sure, if I missed something !?

Do I have something to consider, or just download and replace the new model ?

Any additional settings in configuration ? Has the "old" model (1.56) to be deleted (probably first)?

Thank you.

Asking, because I downloaded and replaced 1.56 yesterday by 1.57, did not make any changes and also did not delete the old model, but changed the model in P3D (v4.5), with the result, that my tiller suddenly moved the ailerons and the plane kept turning to the left (continously circling). Even complete recallibration of all levers did not change anything. But when calibrating, I found a new(?) trim "something" (not at the sim presently), I never saw before. Anything must be done there ?
Cheers
Mike

P3Dv4.5, Win 10-64(always latest), ActiveSky, Pedest.,OVH,MCP,EFIS cpFlight (Ethernet), FDS CDU, TQ CFYv4Pro, Yoke ACE, pedals Saitek, Tiller Schiller, Flight Illusion SBI + chrono
Lapi

Re: New flightmodel 1.58

Post by Lapi »

Mikesim wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 12:26 Any additional settings in configuration ? Has the "old" model (1.56) to be deleted (probably first)?
The old model-folder doesn't "need" to be deleted, but better to uninstall or delete it.
v.1.58 has a different folder name, so it will not overwrite the previous installation.

1.58 needs one of the 3.20b ProSim versions, because all the control surface animations are very different.

Lapi
Mikesim

Post by Mikesim »

Thank you ,Lapi.

I will check it, not sure if I am still on 3.19 ?
Cheers
Mike

P3Dv4.5, Win 10-64(always latest), ActiveSky, Pedest.,OVH,MCP,EFIS cpFlight (Ethernet), FDS CDU, TQ CFYv4Pro, Yoke ACE, pedals Saitek, Tiller Schiller, Flight Illusion SBI + chrono
willow

Post by willow »

Thanks Lapi. I also had these same questions.

Perhaps an idea is to include a READ ME file with the flight model or module.

The read me file can include information on installation, deleting files, name changes, changes to the model and other pertinent information.

This would avoid confusion and minimise the number of times the same question is asked.

Regards, WilloW ✈️
WilloW (YMHB) 🇦🇺 Always
https://www.flaps2approach.com
Realism using OEM parts ✈️
Avatar: "Miss Tara Black Dog" (sadly missed....RIP Nov 2013)
Driver170

Post by Driver170 »

Lapi wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 12:39
Mikesim wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 12:26 Any additional settings in configuration ? Has the "old" model (1.56) to be deleted (probably first)?
The old model-folder doesn't "need" to be deleted, but better to uninstall or delete it.
v.1.58 has a different folder name, so it will not overwrite the previous installation.

1.58 needs one of the 3.20b ProSim versions, because all the control surface animations are very different.

Lapi
Any new ideas on updated sounds ie engines etc
Win10Pro 20H2 x64;.NET 4.8; P3D 4.5.14.34698; Connection: SimConnect; FSUIPC 6.013; Prosim 3.06b4 VFM 1.55, Cpflight MCPPRO-EFIS-SIDE-MIP-PEDESTAL, 2xCDUPRO, FWD-OVHD AFT OVHD, CFY Gold+Motorized TQ; FBC cockpit structure, yoke, rudder & tiller

Return to “ProSimB738 - How-tos”